Thursday, December 14, 2023

Twenty Three But Not Me - doggerel re 23andMe








Lawrence Hall, HSG

Mhall46184@aol.com

 

Twenty Three But Not Me

 

I am told I have 26 new kin

How sad that I will never get to meet them

23andMe has tossed me into the bin

Access has been blocked through someone’s whim:

 

My information is open for hackers to see

But it’s certainly not open for me!



 (Apparently 23andMe has lost information to hackers; the company’s solution is to punish the customer.)


The 23andMe Data Breach Keeps Spiraling | WIRED


Top 201 23andMe Reviews (consumeraffairs.com)


23andMe, Inc. | Complaints | Better Business Bureau® Profile (bbb.org)


23andMe Moves to Thwart Class-Action Lawsuits by Quietly Updating Terms | PCMag


23andMe frantically changed its terms of service to prevent hacked customers from suing (engadget.com)


23andMe Is Terrifying, but Not for the Reasons the FDA Thinks | Scientific American


No comments: