Sunday, March 30, 2008

Versin' on th' Chain Gang

Mack Hall

A woman in California has started a company specializing in greeting cards for prisoners. Let us unlock the possibilities, and look beyond the bars to the stars:

From a Secret Pal:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue;
Big Sven in Block 34B
Is in love with you.

From a wife:

My dearest husband,

I promised that I would always be true,
That I loved you like I loved no other,
But now I’ve found someone new:
I’ve moved in with your brother.

From a pal:

Hey, dude!

Sorry you got caught, and are doing twenty.
Me, I’m in an unnamed location, and I’ve got plenty;
I bought a new Hummer with your share of the loot
I’ll see ya in 2028, ya big galoot!

To a Lifer:

I’m sorry you’re havin’ a real bad time,
Ya say your cell-mates are nothin’ but slime,
Ya say prison’s hard, ya say it’s a bore --
Well, it’s your fault ya ate that sophomore!

How about prison MeMeMeSpace blogs?

My fav movies:

The Great Escape
Stalag 17
Escape From Alcatraz
Machine Gun Kelly
Scarface
The Sound of Music

More of my favs:

Long walks in the exercise yard with a couple of hundred of my best friends.
Kool-Aid on Friday’s menu.
The rancid smell of lowest-bidder mattresses.
The sun setting behind the sewage treatment plant.
Flinging feces at the guards.
Exchanging tattoo designs with my friends.
Making shanks in arts and crafts.

To a war criminal in Guantanamo:

Free lawyers, free Korans, three squares a day,
No work, no hassles, no taxes, no way,
A lovely room overlooking the sea:
Oh, please, Jihadist, trade places with me!

To a Recidivist:

Ya stupid clown,
Ya stupid louse,
Ya went and burned down
The halfway house!

From the Inside to the Outside:

Hey, citizens, ya think us prisoners is gorms,
And not at all worthy of prison reforms?
Well, you’d better not give reform a miss;
Stay cool, fool, and think about this:
Think about November, and discuss:
With a change of government,
You might be in here with us!

-30-

No comments: