Saturday, August 1, 2020

He was Reading a Kristin Hannah Novel - poem

Lawrence Hall
mhall46184@aol.com
poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

He was Reading a Kristin Hannah Novel

My pharmacist died today. The CV.
Two weeks ago we were laughing about books
About each other, our reading habits
My Yevtushenko, his Kristin Hannah

I mocked his chick-lit; he mocked my Russians
He said I would really like Winter Garden
Because in it I could visit Saint Petersburg
Which is every reader’s dream

A pharmacist and friend - he died today
I must go and find Winter Garden

3 comments:

Verlie Burroughs said...

Oh! I'm so sorry. Poignant, wistful write. Our true friends never stop giving us gifts in life, and in passing.

Lawrence Hall, HSG said...

Thank you.

This morning I learned that another friend is in hospital with the CV, and he was in poor health already. May God protect us all.

Verlie Burroughs said...

Amen.