Thursday, September 10, 2020

A Wheel is a Wonderful Thing - via "legacy" - meaning it works - dashboard



A Wheel is a Wonderful Thing

A wheel is a wonderful thing: it goes
Around-around-around-around-around
Until it doesn’t. And then you are sad
Because your little wagon is tripedal now

And so you dismount the wheel and tire
And take them to Mr. Shannon at his shop
He repairs the tire with a brand new tube
And your father sighs, “A tube cost that much?”

A wheel is a wonderful thing: it goes
Around the world with your little wagon

And with you

2 comments:

Verlie Burroughs said...

Wonderful is a wheel. Admiring your wheels.

Lawrence Hall, HSG said...

Thank you! When I needed a tire mended on my utility wagon I remember the little wooden wagon my PawPaw built. I miss it; I suppose it was given away after we children grew up. Sniff.