Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy Roman New Year! - poem

 

Lawrence Hall

Mhall46184@aol.com

https://hellopoetry.com/lawrence-hall/

poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

 

Happy Roman New Year - Join me for a Cuppa!

 

 

“I went, and I am still going.”

 

-Yevgeny Yevtushenko

“Zima Junction”

 

 

The dogs and I are out on our morning patrol

Greeting the new day, new month, and new year

Greeting the sun as he sings through woods

His song of Creation, Creation-fresh

 

I have fed the animals, lit the fire

Made coffee to enjoy at my old desk

With Edmondson, Wells, and their pal Shakespeare

And John Senior with his awfully thinky words

 

Fresh coffee, fresh words for me and for you –

Join me, won’t you, for a merry cup of brew!

 

 

I have no connection with the authors or publishers:

 

Edmondson, Paul and Wells. All the Sonnets of Shakespeare. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2020

 

Senior, John. Pale Horse, Easy Rider. Lawrence, Kansas, Shakespeherian Rag Press, 1992

 

No comments: