Thursday, March 2, 2023

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaask! - doggerel

 

Lawrence Hall

Mhall46184@aol.com

Poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

Logosophiamag.com

Hellopoetry.com

Fellowshipandfairydust.com

 

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaask!

 

Three years ago I strolled into my fav café

The room grew quiet, and then a chorus did say:

          Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaask!

 

In guilt and shame I put the forgotten object on

My sin of omission had been masked upon:

          Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaask!

 

Two years ago I walked into that place

My now-remembered mask upon my face

          Sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

 

For politics had changed within a year

We don’t want no Commie masks in here

          Sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

 

This year between the mandates and the bans

Is it still okay if I wash my hands?

No comments: