Friday, November 3, 2023

"I Called to the Lord from my Narrow Prison" - as a poem

 

Lawrence Hall

Mhall46184@aol.com

 

“I Called to the Lord from my Narrow Prison”

 

“I called to the Lord from my narrow prison and he answered me in the freedom of space.”

 

-Man’s Search for Meaning, Viktor Frankl

 

Dark prisons of the mind are narrow too

A lack of light to fall upon a page

A page where hopes are written in words of hope

And spoken in hope through layers of shame and guilt

 

Dark prisons of the heart are narrow too

So reach into your mind, your heart, your soul

And even in the darkness of a narrow cell

Call softly to the Lord through the fetid air

 

Dark prisons of the soul are narrow too –

Perhaps you are the one who locked the door?

 

Open it.

 

Try.

No comments: