Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

1.  I am extending the period for earning ten extra points to Wednesday.  If I have your well-written and complete research paper in my hand by 11:10 A.M. on Wednesday, I will award you ten extra points unless your paper is awful.  I will also accept your paper as an email attachment that I actually receive -- good intentions cannot be graded -- and that will print out on the very ordinary electronic gadgets I possess. 

Remember always to print extra copies of your research paper.  Computers, emails, and friends who swear they will get your paper to me are not reliable.

2. Given our week of come-and-go English buffet, make an effort to meet with me if you are having problems with your research paper or with your persuasive mini-essays; I am here for you and want you to succeed.  I will be available at the usual class times and am almost always on campus an hour or more before class.  If you don't see me, ask someone -- don't be shy! 

3. There are no extra points for turning in your persuasive mini-essays early, but you'll enjoy your holiday more if you do.

No comments: