Sunday, September 22, 2013

Vir Parvus in Sede Magna (A Small Man in a Big Chair)

Lawrence Hall
mhall46184@aol.com
September, 2013


Vir Parvus in Sede Magna

 

Magister, to his chair:

 

“O Chair, O wonderful, manly, leather Chair,

The throne behind my bold, impressive desk,

Proud plane adorned with my sports trophies there,

Altar to my masque, my fond burlesque.”

 

Magister, from his chair:

 

          “Do you think you can sit in this chair?  Say!

          No, and I’ll tell you why – this chair is mine,

          Hard-earned by trafficking my resume’ -

          Pause, then, and kneel; I feel almost divine!”

 

Vox populi:

 

          “O Magister, no, we’d never presume

          Ever to mime your magnificentia -

          Your throne is honored in this consular room

          (For we would not share in your dementia).”

 
Exeunt omnes, pursued by a bore.

         

No comments: