Monday, April 13, 2020

We Read Poems Because We Don't Know Poetry - poem (well, yes...)

Lawrence Hall
mhall46184@aol.com
poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

We Read Poems Because We Don’t Know Poetry

Which sounds a bit too precious, but bear with me
Or hamster with me, to avoid a cliché
The sundial says, “The Best is Yet to Be”
And so it is, each word-rich summery day

If we take a page from the busy bee
Then every day is a summery day
Taking those dream-infused pages you see
Teasing each line our own, working away

We read poems because we don’t know poetry -
It’s all a matter of dreamility

4 comments:

Verlie Burroughs said...

Hmm, we do read poems.

Lawrence Hall, HSG said...

I am constantly amazed at how ignorant I am. Poetry helps enlighten me, a little bit each day..

Anonymous said...

We are missink you at HP.
We drinkink beet vodka and crying for you brother poet. Good to find you still scrawling reactionary thought-crimes.

Lawrence Hall, HSG said...

Spaceba! (I think)

I hope, by the grace of God, I will always be a brother and poet, and never a good comrade to either the Reds or the Blues. I despise both sides.