Saturday, March 20, 2021

I was Hangin' with Miss Marple Last Week - poem

 

Lawrence Hall

Mhall46184@aol.com

https://hellopoetry.com/lawrence-hall/

poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

 

I was Hangin' with Miss Marple Last Week


“I think, my dear, we won't talk any more about murder

 during tea.  Such an unpleasant subject.”

 

-4:50 from Paddington

 

I visited Miss Marple this past week

In her little home in St. Mary Mead

Fluffy in her appearance and pink of cheek

Troweling with vehemence another garden weed

 

Kindness itself, she asked me to sit down

On a wooden bench near the hollyhock

A warm soft evening with the bees around

And the hourly chime from the old church clock

 

Tea and scandal at four, soft-scented soap –

 

     And in Pentonville, forlorn of any hope

 

A murderer awaiting the hangman’s rope

No comments: