Thursday, April 7, 2022

Old Codger with a Confederate Face Mask - poem

 

Lawrence Hall

Mhall46184@aol.com 

https://hellopoetry.com/lawrence-hall/

poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

 

Clinic Waiting Room

 

Voices:

 

Morbidly obese old codger wearing a Confederate-flag face mask

Old codger with a My Pillow moustache

Old codger wearing a camouflage baseball cap

Old codgeress #1

Old codgeress #2

 

Auctor:

 

Old codger (me)

 

I been here since 1020 the longer we wait

the more money they get they’re just in it

for the money what’s your Medicare supplemental?

America ain’t what it used to be

there ain’t no doubt about that I done had

the covid and the shots these people

been in and out and I’m still here

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE thank you I SAID

‘THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!’ Yeah he’s kind of

hard of hearing THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!

Yeah okay HOO-RAH! yeah HOO-RAH! you was

a Marine too? 29 Palms it raining there too?

my (something) levels was up my m.o.s.

kept me out of Viet-Nam I was in Parris Island

thank you for your service I blame George Bush

George Soros and these here public schools...

No comments: