Saturday, November 23, 2019

Lost Between Worlds on a Saturday Morning - poem

Lawrence Hall
mhall46184@aol.com
poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

Lost Between Worlds on a Saturday Morning

The Doorway Effect

Where am I?

A thought – it is remember’ed to me
To check the clothes in the washing machine
Or is it the wash in the clothing machine?
And so I leave my desk and book and thoughts

And wander off along the tiny rooms
And narrow passages of a mid-century
Ranchette, that home of dreams for those
Who lived The Depression and then The War

The hallway is familiar, pictures redeemed
From the ’59 S & H Green Stamp book
Wall sconces from Montgomery Ward
The genuine Westminster doorbell chimes

But why am I here?

Out of focus, out of thoughts, out of sorts
I return to my desk and book and thoughts
And wonder why I left…
                                            the washing machine
Solid at Sears, as they used to say

Down the hallway again…focus…focus

Clean clothes are nice

No comments: