Tuesday, November 19, 2019

"Today's Second Collection is for our Bishop's Luncheon at This Simply Divine Little Trattoria Just Off the Via della Conciliazone..." - poem

Lawrence Hall
mhall46184@aol.com
poeticdrivel.blogspot.com


“Today’s Second Collection is for our Bishop’s Luncheon
at This Simply Divine Little Trattoria Just Off the Via della Conciliazione…”


I. A Catholic Bishop says:

When I was flying first-class to Rome to the Amazon Synod
Taking notes for a sermon telling Catholics
To be green and to sacrifice even more -
I charged all my expenses to the faithful


II. A Catholic Priest says:

When I was flying first-class to Rome to the Amazon Synod
Disapproving of bishops to all my followers
And taking photographs of all my meals -
I tweeted the faithful asking for more money


III. A Catholic says:

When I was up at dawn jump-starting my old car
In the bitter frost so I could get to work…

No comments: