Monday, July 20, 2020

After the Wedding - poem

Lawrence Hall
mhall46184@aol.com
poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

After the Wedding

The night outside was cold; the fire was warm
And so was she, all golden in the light
That gentle light, a glass of wine in hand
Her eyes, her lips sweet tributes to God’s grace

We spoke of love, of what was good and true
And beautiful, of promises freely given
Of trust anointed through those promises
And then she put her glass aside, and whispered:

“I love you so much; you need only ask
Since now for you only will I slip off

                                                                                           my mask”



2 comments:

Verlie Burroughs said...

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments...

Lawrence Hall, HSG said...

"Love is not love which alteration finds" (I think...)