Saturday, November 6, 2021

WHITE BREAD! I NEED SOME WHITE BREAD OVER HERE! - poem

 

Lawrence Hall

Mhall46184@aol.com 

https://hellopoetry.com/lawrence-hall/

poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

 

WHITE BREAD! I NEED SOME WHITE BREAD OVER HERE!

 

Pancake House on Crack Street II

With a Chorus of One Cook in Need of Some White Bread

 

A cold and dreary morning along Easy Street

The comforts of coffee and cholesterol

The senior special two fresh eggs your way

Farm fresh bacon or sausages your way

 

I NEED SOME WHITE BREAD OVER HERE! WHITE BREAD!

 

Down-home hash brown potatoes your way

Whole wheat toast with farm fresh butter your way

Fresh brewed Colombian coffee your way

“I’ll be with you in a minute, honey, okay?”

 

OVER HERE! I NEED SOME WHITE BREAD OVER HERE!

 

There aren’t any newspapers anymore

“In a minute!” So I studied my MePhone

 

WHITE BREAD! I NEED SOME WHITE BREAD OVER HERE!

 

I don’t think the cook was yelling about me

I don’t know, of course

 

The beggar at the door shivered quietly

No comments: