Sunday, July 12, 2015

Dialogue Not Heard in Casablanca

Mack Hall, HSG
Mhall46184@aol.com

Dialogue Not Heard in Casablanca

“Of all the boutique coffee bars in all the gated communities in all the world…”

“Bluebirds, bluebirds! Bluebirds everywhere!”

“Maybe tomorrow we’ll be on the plane – it’ll take us that long to get through security.”

“Play it, Sam. Play ‘The Pilgrims’ Chorus’ from Tannhauser.”

“I don’t think I remember it, Miss Ilsa. Mostly because you never leave anything in the tip jar, you cheapskate.”

“I was informed that you were the most beautiful woman ever to visit Casablanca. Meh.”

“Oh, Rick – I’ll have to do the thinking for both us.”

“Round up some unusual suspects.”

“I’m making out the report now. We’re not sure if he committed suicide or was vaporized by Jade Helm ninja vampires in secret tunnels beneath an abandoned Circuit City in New Ulm.”

“I’m shocked! Shocked! To learn that Bible study is going on in here!”

“Aw, come on, you guys – doesn’t anyone in here know the words to the Marseillaise!?”

“I remember every detail – the North Vietnamese wore green; you wore a blue Che Guano tee-shirt.”

“Yes, I put that tee-shirt, knee-pants, and flip-flops away. When the North Vietnamese march out I’ll wear them again.”

“What makes baristas so snobbish?”

“Are you one of those people who cannot imagine English soccer fans in your beloved Newark?”

“Oh, no, Emile, please. A bottle of your best designer water, and put it on my bill.”

“Just a moment. I heard a rumor those two German couriers were carrying the latest Apple watches.”

“I don’t mind a parasite. I object to one who isn’t accredited by the BBB.”

“Ricky, I’m going to miss you. Apparently you’re the only one with less scruples than the Supreme Court.”

“Paula Deen and Bill Cosby walk into a bar…”

“And remember – this gun is pointed right at your pancreas.”

“Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but when you can’t get a refund on those tickets to Lisbon…”

“We’ll always have Caney Head.”

“I have already given him the best table, knowing that he is with the Clinton campaign and would take it anyway.”

“C’mon, Mr. Rick. We’ll get the car. We’ll drive all night. We’ll go fishing. We’ll wear togas! Partee! Partee!”

“Major Strasser has been tasered!”

“Here’s looking at you, kid. You know, that’s a really patronizing, sexist expression.”

“Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful limited-liability partnership.”

“I came to Casablanca for the Blue Bell ice cream…I was misinformed.”

-30-

No comments: