Monday, December 20, 2021

Decorating for Christmas - "What Can I Do?" - poem

 

Lawrence Hall

Mhall46184@aol.com 

https://hellopoetry.com/lawrence-hall/

poeticdrivel.blogspot.com

 

Decorating for Christmas – “What Can I Do?”

 

A little girl tugged at my arm and asked

“But what can I do?”

I sent her to Senora Anil because I didn’t know

 

She came to me again and sadly asked

“But what can I do?”

I sent her to Miz Bev because I didn’t know

 

She came to me once again and sadly asked

“But what can I do?”

I sent her to Senor Nicho because I didn’t know

 

Some sturdy young men brought in the Creche

And there the little girl knelt and placed the straw

And then each figure in turn; she talked to them

And cautioned them all to keep Baby Jesus warm

 

And that’s what a little girl can do

No comments: